On today’s show, we’re talking about finishing plywood, full extension shop made drawer slides, and controlling hand plane tearout.
It’s Shannon’s birthday tomorrow and Marc had a custom song made for him from 1HappyBirthday.com!
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is using long Dominos as panel straighteners
- Matt is mentally preparing for the big, dresser glue up
- Shannon decided to just read about woodworking with Peter Galbert’s new book, A Chairmaker’s Notebook
- Michael shared a video about salad tongs in Butternut
- The latest episode of The Highland Woodworker is out!
- Shannon shared a link to the digital copy of “With Hammer in Hand“, an excellent book on 18th Century Tools and Technique
Poll of the Week
- Dean, Dana, and Steve all had great thoughts to share about buying tools or taking a class from our last show
Nathan has some wide boards and wants to know if he should rip them down for stability
- Colin wants to know how to blend his Walnut plywood with his solid Walnut face frames
- Russell wants to know if all wood full extension drawer slides are possible and Matt shared some links from Fine Woodworking: Full Extension Slides, Shop Made Full Extension Slides
- Jim is having trouble with tear out in Walnut and wonders how to control tear out with a hand plane