On today’s show we’re talking about using boiled linseed oil before a clear coat, tinting epoxy, and whether to pre-finish edge banding on a plywood box.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is carving the seat of his Sculpted Rocker
- Shannon made a saw dust coated finish
- Matt is painted his Dresser project and it’s B-E-A-utiful
- Safety Day is May 15th and is being celebrated by The Modern Woodworkers Association
- Marc made an appearance on the Woodshop 101 podcast.
- Check and vote for your favorite in the Powermatic ICFF Vote 2015
- Check out this company that makes furniture with hidden compartments
- Bad Axe Tools is hosting Sawlapalooza next year
- Don’t miss the Lego Wood Shop
- Lance, Tony, Dyami, and a sizable percentage of woodworkers wanted to let us know that the Bosch Glide Miter Saw fits right up against the wall. We “strongly agree”
- Alex is concerned about explosions when trying to cure finishes in the oven
- Steve build a sculpted rocker and discovered that wood moves a lot when sawing away the inside of a curve
- Wilbur thinks our high horsepower tools today compensate for duller blades and faster feed rates
Tom captivates and entertains us with his smooth radio voice safety tip
- James wants to know if he should apply a coat of Boiled Linseed Oil to his Cherry bathroom cabinet before top coating with poly
- Gary is building kitchen cabinets and wants to know if he should edge his plywood and when to finish it
- Eric wants to know how to change the color of his epoxy to match the wood he is using