We are breaking from our usual format while we’re on vacation but don’t worry, we’ll be back on Sept. 14th! Today, Marc is answer a bunch of finishing questions from the scrap pile.
- Christopher recently finished a side table that lives next to his baby’s co-sleeper and the smell is causing a problem. He wants to know what he can do to get rid of the smell and how he can prevent this in the future.
- Jon is repainting a sitting bench and the original finish was paint topped with Johnson’s paste wax. He wants to know if he should remove the wax before repainting and which wax finishes we would use.
- Thom is looking for a better finish for his wooden mug.
- Walter wants to know if water-based finishes are appropriate for a kitchen or bathroom. He’s concerned the finish will dissolve.
- Wesley is considering using shellac under his poly and wants some opinions.