On today’s show, we’re talking about favorite finishing books, to sharpen router bits or not, miter saws vs table saws, and plywood with hand tools???
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is finally setting up his shop and getting tablesaw hate
- Matt is working on benches to go with the Farmhouse Table
- Shannon is fighting with his Internet provider
- Bob shared a video on making a dodecahedron.
- IKEA is introducing new joinery made on a CNC that eliminates table aprons.
- Bubinga and the Rosewoods (Dalbergia genus) have been added to the CITES appendix II list. Check out this podcast for a good discussion on what this means.
- Brian shared an algorithmically designed chair.
- Mark shared a video of a guy building a hot tub using a massive Felder machine.
- Josh is very happy with his lathe situation
- William’s goals for the new year is to stop piddling around in the shop and get stuff done.
- Gary meant no offense and didn’t mean to add jerk juice and admits that email doesn’t capture the feeling of a comment.
- Jordan wants us to rib Matt more
- Brock is using 12 year old West Systems epoxy with no ill effects
- Don has a finishing question on using Danish Oil and Lacquer
- Brian wants to know whether a miter saw is needed when you have a table saw
- Jay is looking for book recommendations on finishing books
- Chuck wants to know if we resharpen or toss router bits
- John wonders which saw and geometry is best for hand sawing plywood
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review