It’s show #518. On today’s show, we’re talking about buying your first hardwoods, assemblies with no dings, and roubo from slabs.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away a Rockler Router Table Box Joint Jig and 12-Pc. Box Joint Cauls Set to help you make strong, tight-fitting box joints on your router table! This prize is valued at $134.98. Enter for your chance to win before February 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is reviewing miter gauges like a dope
- Matt is editing video and whining about it
- Shannon is struggling with a marquetry picture and complaining about it
News and Kickback
- Jacob cut his round table top using a trammel arm and his circular saw
- Now Matt the programmer hates Shannon in addition to all the nurses.
Emails and Voicemails
- Wil wonders when and how to make the transition to hardwoods and buying from a lumber yard as opposed to big box softwoods
- Doug wants to know how to handle the dents and dings from assembly with his projects
- Drew is making a slab topped workbench and was planning on using C channel.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org