It’s show #543 On today’s show, we’re talking about Rubio and the fantastic finishing fallacy, Scrub planes, and “bought a bandsaw mill, now what?”.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before January 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finished a dining table and re-doing an old dining table.
- Shannon is in the midst of a website redesign and 12 years of data import.
- Matt is done setting up the barn…sort of.
- Adria wrote in to let us know she just finished all of Wood Talk with her Benjamin Button reverse play through. She started in April and finished at 4pm on December 13th.
- New Yankee Workshop is finally uploading to YouTube
- Brian has some good points about woodworking influencers and social media in general as it relates to our growth as woodworkers.
- Nathan isn’t impressed with Rubio Monocoat and asks why it is such a popular finish. Cue Marc’s rant.
- Nate needs to flatten a slab wider than his jointer and asks why Marc had a Scrub plane and then got rid of it.
- John bought a bandsaw mill and now has a lot of wide slabs but not the machinery to flatten them. What should his next steps be to deal with his lumber bounty?
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com