On today’s show, we’re talking about spraying dye, drawers or carcass first?, and picking the good stuff at the lumber yard
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc – Designing new chest of drawers and matching night stands. Taking customer’s request from particle board project and making it a reality with real wood and real joinery.
- Matt – Downloaded an entire season of turning videos
- Shannon – making an unplanned project for Christmas
- Black Friday Jet clamp sale takes down Woodcraft and Rockler websites, sort of.
- Rick sent up this tutorial by Terry Gordon on making a tapered sliding dovetail
Poll of the Week
- Alexandre shares some super geeky, technical information about metal fasteners in wood such as the bed bolts we discussed in Wood Talk 206.
- Robert, AJ, Stein, Keith, Matt, Bo, Rick, and Eric all shared some advice on buying vintage vs new hand planes.
Marc has a man crush on his Fine Woodworking Archive 1975-2014
- Gerard has a cutting board finish issue.
- Rudy left us an excellent voicemail with great advice about buying planes on ebay…but it was 5 minutes so we adidn’t play it. Rudy please write it down and call us back or leave a comment on the episode 206 page
- Jeffrey would like some advice regarding spraying General Finishes water based dye with an Earlex 5500
- Scott is wondering if there is an advantage to making the carcass or the drawers first.
- John wants to know a bunch of stuff about picking wood at the lumber yard like reading grain, getting color match, etc.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Tim Holiner as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like Ok_Plowboy did.