On today’s show, we’re talking about Lie-Nielsen vs Veritas, loose tenons and bed rails, refurbish or buy new, and what we’re thankful for!
What’s on the Bench?
– Marc – Kitchen Helper nearly complete. Episode of Rough Cut aired.
– Matt – No real shop time. Mostly yard work and horsing around. Toying with the idea of where his bench belongs in the floor plan.
– Shannon – Learned not to hand plane after spraying paint.
Poll of the Week
– Glen suggests we watch this review of that fancy Finnish axe we discussed a while back.
– Darryl uses a strobe light as his lathe. Here’s a demonstration:
Tools We’re Thankful For
Shannnon – old school wooden rabbet plane
Marc – Table saw
Matt – moxon vise
– Lon is trying to decide between Lie-Nielsen and Veritas for various tools. Shawn has a question about a single plane for power tool woodworkers.
– Barron is making a twin size bed with Dominos and is considering pinning the joints.
– Bob is wondering if rehabbing planes is worth it.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Steven Danenman as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like CMel81 did.