Special thanks to our show sponsors:
– Brusso Hardware: Get 10% OFF your next purchase using code WOODTALK at checkout!
On today’s show, we’re talking all about design, hiding end grain, what makes something fine furniture, is CNC fine woodworking, and how we come up with original designs.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc: Memorial boxes for Uncle Tom
- Matt: preparing for the coming year’s projects
- Shannon: milling Cherry (again) and considering shop storage in something other than Cherry
– Todd sent us a video on Making a drink paddle
– Jeremy sent us a video on industrial bowl turning
– David Picciuto sent us a video on making your own carbide lathe chisel
– Todd has a question about hiding the end grain on a coffee table he is building for his wife.
– Dusty wants to know what makes something qualify as “fine furniture.”
– David wants to know where we get our design ideas and how to come up with original designs. He also wants to know if we can recommend any books on woodworking design.
– By Hand and Eye” by Jim Tolpin and George Walker
– The Top Five Books for those who Take Period Furniture Seriously” a blog by Chuck Bender
– “Unlocking the Secrets of Traditional Design” a DVD with George Walker. Here is a review Marc did on the DVD.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank James Filoteo, Terrence Killian, Joseph McCormick, Christopher Moore, MICHAEL AGNEW, Tom Buhl, and Steven Danenman as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.