On today’s show, we’re talking all about paring with Japanese Chisels, dealing with overwhelming fear of sawdust piles, lumber checking, and wood plugs for stretched ears.
What’s on the Bench?
Marc: Website stuff.
Shannon: Finished a project started 3 years ago.
Matt: Snow bound and amazed at no rust on his lathe and tools in the garage.
– Japanese timber frame joinery:
– Brian from Boston, Michael, Gerald, Chris, and Chris from Alaska all had comments about our previous discussion on What is Fine Furniture.
– Jason (the OCD Woodworker) gave us some clarification on his previous comments and tenons bottoming out.
– Both David and Jason from smelly Gilroy wrote in with some thoughts on Todd’s end grain question from last week.
– Stretched Ears Guy is looking for wood species that will be safe against his skin.
– Rick is debating a paring chisel purchase.
– Hubert is trying to keep the dust to a minimum in his garage shop.
– Tommy has a bunch of new mahogany and is looking to prevent checking.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Nick Carruthers as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.