Get your Wood Talk T-Shirt today!
On today’s show, we’re talking all about paring with Japanese Chisels, dealing with overwhelming fear of sawdust piles, lumber checking, and wood plugs for stretched ears.
What’s on the Bench?
Marc: Website stuff.
Shannon: Finished a project started 3 years ago.
Matt: Snow bound and amazed at no rust on his lathe and tools in the garage.
– Japanese timber frame joinery:
– Brian from Boston, Michael, Gerald, Chris, and Chris from Alaska all had comments about our previous discussion on What is Fine Furniture.
– Jason (the OCD Woodworker) gave us some clarification on his previous comments and tenons bottoming out.
– Both David and Jason from smelly Gilroy wrote in with some thoughts on Todd’s end grain question from last week.
– Stretched Ears Guy is looking for wood species that will be safe against his skin.
– Rick is debating a paring chisel purchase.
– Hubert is trying to keep the dust to a minimum in his garage shop.
– Tommy has a bunch of new mahogany and is looking to prevent checking.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Nick Carruthers as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.
8 replies on “WT211 – Ear Juice Finish”
is there a way to download the podcast to my desktop (for moving to my mp3 player)?
Yup. In the Soundcloud player you’ll see a little down arrow at the top right. Click that to download the file. Admittedly, it’s a little finicky. I had to click it a few times to get it to work.
yep, it is funky
but it did work on the xx click
have a good day in your life.
Do you have a new rss feed address? The one I have now will not update the new podcast, episode 211. I use Beyondpod podcast app.
The feeds seem to have gotten confused with the site update. The feed you should be using is http://feeds.thewoodwhisperer.com/woodtalk
Unfortunately, it might take some time for the various podcast directories to get the message. Until then, see if you can enter the above feed manually.
Thanks Marc, that worked. I sent an email to BeyondPod to ask them to update it on their site/app too.
The Secrets of the Castle series is so interesting! Thanks for sharing.
I’ve just finished to watch the YouTube channel about Japanese timber frame joinery.
Amazing precision and scary too (no safety equipment, always hoping nobody will loose his balance…).
Thank you for your different shows.
Have a nice one.