On today’s show, we’re talking about Anti-fatigue mats, Pore-filling, Build or buy the first workbench?, wood movement in an Adirondack chair, and shop vac vs dust collector vs air filter.
What’s on the Bench?
- Matt didn’t follow his own cut list and came up short on wood
- Shannon went zen with his smoothing plane
- Marc worked his sick butt off to finish his chest of drawers project
- Aaron shared a video of new kind of wood turning
- Dane is trying to bridge the gap between woodworkers and knitter…and he is not allowed to submit anything ever again for that egregious breach of trust!!!!!
- Shaun shared an article about a guy who grows chairs
Poll of the Week
- Jared has a solution to fix an out of alignment Dewalt 735 planer like Shannon’s
- David called in to share a Bessey Clamp sale going on in Kansas City…but Matt went and bought all of them
- Somebody in Atlanta called in to say the Roomba in a workshop is a great idea
- The OCD Woodworker called in to ask about anti fatigue matts and our opinions on hard or soft
- David from KC wants to know what he is doing wrong when it comes to pore filling Mahogany
- Jim is debating whether to build or buy his workbench
- Dave wants to know if traditional wooden joinery is a bad idea in an outdoor chair when it comes to wood movement
- James wants to know what will give him the biggest bang for his buck: dust collector, shop vac, or air filtration unit.