On today’s show, we’re talking about jointing away from the fence, choosing a router for a router table, and using floats.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is buying Walnut for his upcoming sculpted rocker project
- Shannon did some spring cleaning and blew the dust out of his shop
- Matt got brisket nachos then went back for seconds after experiencing plywood gravitational kickback
- Jeremy shared an article that busts the Golden ratio myth
- David wants some clarification on match planing and if we have any tips.
- Stein has kickback on plane sole flatness and needs to only be as flat as the thickness of the shaving.
- John doesn’t get how running a panel through the planer right out of the clamps would work
- Jeff talks about injuries in the shop from the professional woodworker’s perspective.
- Brian is having problems with his MKII honing jig.
- Mark is looking for a wood to make a bow.
- Roberto is wondering about a specific paint sprayer model.
- Joel wants to know why Marc run his boards across the jointer away from the fence.
- Jeffrey is looking for a second router and wants to know if cheaper is an option.
- Chris wants to know, “what is the deal with floats”.