Today’s show is brought to you by Brusso Hardware. Brusso provides high quality American-made woodworking hardware for YOUR next project. As a special discount for new customers, use coupon code ‘WT2015‘ for 10% off orders at brusso.com
On today’s show we’re talking about softwood for a workbench, establishing your woodworking style, using a router as a jointer, and choosing wood for a table top.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc has ditched woodworking for weaving for his new hamper design
- Matt finished and delivered some storage cabinets
- Shannon can’t glue up panels
- Steve shared an article about making butter knives into steak knives
- Matt shared a video on bending wood with Ammonia
Poll of the Week
- Amr says that wooden toothbrushes are commonly used in the Middle East
- Brian says that woodworking has made him focus on ensuring everything he buys is of good quality.
- Keith, a Home Depot employee, says that more hardwoods may be coming to Home Depot.
- Issac advises some caution when choosing the wood species for a frame saw.
- Scott called in with a question about using softwood for a workbench
- The OCD Woodworker called in asking about a split level shop
- Tom is unsure whether developing a design style is a good thing
- Scott wants to know whether a router can be used to joint stock
- John is building a Cherry table and wondering about using flatsawn vs quartersawn wood