On today’s show, we’re talking about Storing Shellac, fixing a dado that’s too deep, and a “different way” to mill boards by hand
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc had a baby girl (well Nicole did anyway)
- Matt experienced seasonal swelling and his stretchy pants are missing.
- Shannon is working on a blanket chest.
- Woodworker’s Fighting Cancer is underway with a great start towards the 15K fund raising goal. Consider donating today or build along with the Kids Table and Chairs project
- Learn about Artisanal Firewood
- David shared a link to a new, high quality Marine plywood for boatbuilders
- Mark shared a great poster/chart of hand tools
Poll of the Week
Are you a tool organizer?
- Vic says that canned air is a good, cheap alternative to Bloxygen and has used it to preserve glue
- Gary and Stan both urge Shawn (episode 268) not to wall in his furnace without proper ventilation.
Britt says that Sawstop is pursuing Bosch for copyright infringement. We had NO COMMENT.
- Dr Nono wants to know how to store Shellac and Marc phones in his answer by asking Vijay Velji, the Shellac Master.
- Kyle wants to know what to do with his case dados that he cut too deeply by accident
- Dan wants to know our take on milling boards by hand as told by The English Woodworker