On today’s show, we’re talking about card scraper thickness, what’s your highest grit before finishing, and asymetrical dovetail layout
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is refinishes his Rustic Outdoor Table
- Matt is finished off the Farmhouse Table Build and is working on his son’s bed
- Shannon sucks at DIY and took forever to install a door knob
- AJ says check out Craigslist for lumber
- Casey has some feedback on static electricity and PVC pipe
- Jared said “stuff”
- Nathan was sitting in the library when a couple started measuring a chair next to him.
- Joel has some great information on Wood dust explosion myths
- Matt shared the artist Jason Schneider who makes furniture out of cardboard
The Softwood Lumber Association is considering a tariff on all Canadian Softwoods. 30% is the number being discussed but many feel this may drop to 10%. Final determination should come in April 2017.
- Kyle wants to know when it makes sense to sand finer than the 180 that Marc often talks about.
- Wilson is looking for tips on laying out asymmetrical dovetails.
- Jeremy wants to know what thickness of card scraper we like to use.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review