On today’s show we’re talking about Sapele working properties, Veneering Solid wood, 220v extension cords, and ripping chain.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is STILL working on his chairs and his son is building spaceships
- Matt is annoying the internet and changing lives
- Shannon is playing with SketchUp and considering wood for beginners
- Marc has a new Makita miter saw coming to the shop
- Bad Axe is now selling full sized hand saws and panel saws.
- Nathan shared a story of criminal knitters
- Billy is disappointed in us regarding our track saws discussion
- Mike is having a moment
- Marc blatantly ignores Shannon’s advice on sharpening on the workbench
- Andrew thinks the router is the one tool to have instead of the table saw
- Tommasso thinks the jointer/planer combo machine is a bad idea because the first face can be flattened with a hand plane.
- Matt called in with a question about veneer over solid wood
Lumber Industry Update
Sapele and the African Hardwood market are in turmoil as a broker is flooding the market with Sapele at very low prices but with no quality control.
- Andy wonders if a 220 extension cord can be made safely
- Nick wonders if a ripping chain is necessary for an Alaskan mill
- Chris wonders about the working properties of Sapele.