On today’s show we’re talking about: troubles with a low angle Jack plane, does a square need to be square, and poly or varnish?
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware! Looking for inspiration for your next project? Sign up for Brusso’s Photo Extra newsletter. The newsletter showcases the dedication and craftsmanship of your fellow woodworkers with things like keepsake boxes, humidors, and furniture. If you want inspiration delivered straight to your inbox, then sign up at Brusso.com/photoextra
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finished up his Miter saw bench and built a lollipop rainbow
- Matt is playing daddy while trying to work on his sideboard
- Shannon got a new adze and is carving bowls
- Shannon was a guest on the Modern Woodworkers Association podcast
- Fine Woodworking Live Hands On conference registration is open
- The MET has finally posted a PDF of the out of print book “Extravagant Inventions: The Princely Furniture of the Roentgens“
Will has the Woodpecker’s DelVie square and it has become his most reached for tool.
- An Ethiopian woodworker called in for advice on locating used industrial grade machinery
- Stan is a dentist who called in to comment on Marc’s dental power carving experience
- Spencer is excited to get rid of his miter saw fence
Lumber Industry Update
Thousand canker disease is rampant and Walnut is quarantined from import from other states. Check out the quarantine map to see how it might effect you.
- Differences between polyurethane and varnish
- Dan wonders how important it is for a square to be perfectly square
- Andres is having trouble with his low angle jack when he pushes it, yet it works when he pulls it.