On today’s show we’re talking about: sliding dovetails, the Greg Klassen debacle, drilling 1.5″ holes, and strop maintenance
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is finishing up his shop storage and organization
- Shannon got a finishing tent
- Matt is applying finish to his sideboard
- The River Trademark
- Brandon mentions The Workshop Review as a honest show for tool reviews
- Ted likes our tool reviews
- Bill has made dowels a bunch of ways and spent money on jigs and still finds the best way to be the jig he made himself
- Matt is losing suction on his ducted dust collection
- Mike has never used a fence on his miter saw
- Devin wants to know if Matt Vanderlist was able could he come back on the show
- Lee has a question about dust and computers in the shop
- Allen needs help cutting sliding dovetails
- Matt needs to cut 1.5″ holes in end grain and wonders how
- Eric wonders if he should clean his strop
How You Can Support Us
Help us out over at Patreon and kick it up a notch by wearing a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review
9 replies on “WT448 – Don’t Klassen Me Bro”
He did it to fight Etsy’s domination of the search engines. If you google river table then you’d see that Etsy and it’s sellers dominate the first few pages of results.
ModernMaker podcast has a good segment on this.
Woodworker and Patent and Trademark lawyer here. Love to discuss this issue if you’re interested in doing a follow-up on this issue or other overlaps between law and wood.
Love the podcast.
You made the comment to the effect that the river tables may have already run its course. That may be why he waited so long. Loosing sales now so he could be trying to prop up his revenue source.
River Tables; the fidget spinners of woodworking trends. Epoxy River Tables; just add LED’s to your fidget spinner!
Anyone have a link to the cabinets Marc is talking about? I can’t figure out how to spell it.
Hi, I really can’t find the “Brandon mentions The Workshop Review” on youtube. Any pointers?
Oh I miss that Tom’s Tips theme song! Marc’s got a magical voice 🙂