It’s show #471 For May 20th, 2020, and today we are talking about work holding. Vises, holdfasts, clamps and whatever else you use to hold stuff while you work on it.
- They have vises for your workbench. Including the Heavy Duty Quick Release Front Vise which is on sale for $60 off.
- They have all the clamps! Including parallel clamps, pipe clamps, bar clamps, f-style clamps, corner clamps, specialty clamps and more. Lots of clamps are on sale in May including pipe clamps, f-style clamps, wooden handscrew clamps, and our drawer front installation clamps.
- They have Bench Cookie work grippers – High-friction rubber pads hold your project rock-steady while sawing, sanding, or routing without the use of clamps. Plus they include a threaded insert for adding a variety of accessories, that elevate your work and provide plenty of clearance for all your project needs. A 4 pack of bench cookies is on sale for $7.99 this month
Just go to Rockler.com to find these and many more products.
Also Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
So many ways both old and new to hold our projects in place while we work both with hand and power tools. We discuss what we most like to use and what work holding we employ at our own benches. Plus wooden screw clamp tricks.
- Dan shared an outdoor workbench solution
- Chris writes back in regarding his resawing question
- Todd asks about manufacturers of frame resaw hardware
Voicemail and Email
- Paul has a shooting board question
- Drew asks about our favorite woods
- Joey has thoughts on organization and climate control
- Dan needs help with his twisted workbench top
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Homework
Got a woodworking boy band name? How about some cool work holding ideas. Show us your work holding or your photoshopped boy band pictures and use the hashtag: #woodtalk471.