It’s show #485 for September 23rd, 2020, and today we doing a Q&A show to clean out our inbox.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Head over to Rockler.com to check out their Upgrade Your Shop Sale which includes shop upgrades ranging from jigs, to clamps to power tools. The sale runs from August 28 – October 1 so don’t miss it!
Voicemails & Emails
- Greg wants to dry his wood in the microwave
- Jackson is a 13 year old woodworker looking for advice on project that sell well at shows. Rockler Project Ideas
- Ben wants to know at what thickness veneer starts to act like solid wood when it comes to movement.
- Andrew wonders if he should strip to bark before sawing a log into lumber or stacking to dry.
- Matt asks about a good, durable finish for wooden puzzles.
- Jason needs a rust prevention solution for his holdfasts. Boeshield T9
- Cliff asks if melamine is a good workbench top solution.
- Nigel asks Shannon if he still has a need for a sander when using only hand tools to prepare for finishing.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally you can find us individually on Instagram at mattcremona, woodwhisperer, and renaissancewoodworker
One reply on “WT485 – Marc Likes a Sticky Shaft”
Wood turners use the microwave all the time. You weigh the piece before you start. Microwave for 30 seconds, take out and let cool. Weigh again. Continue process until weight has stabilized.