It’s show #493 for December 9th, 2020. On today’s show we’re talking about precision and accuracy.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Their Holiday Sale is going on now which includes all the best gifts for the woodworkers in your life. Shop early for the best selection in stores or at Rockler.com. Sale ends on 12/24 so don’t miss it!
Main Topic: Precision and Accuracy
What are they and when are they important? We define each term and agree that precision is more important when it comes to furniture making but it can also depend on what kind of woodworker you are. We talk about when each is important but when a dependence on one can also get you in trouble.
Emails and Voicemails
- Kaleb asks about buying lumber when all the dealers in his neighborhood are wholesalers cue Shannon’s Lumber Industry Update theme song but also check out Episode 16 on Buying Lumber
- Andrew asks about a Moravian workbench and its effectiveness
- Jeff wonders when you should put wax over top of another finish
- Matt is renting and asks about altering his shop space
- Eric asks if he has to soak his new ceramic sharpening stones all the time
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org