It’s show #502. Today we’re talking about replaceable saw blades, beadlock, thingamabobs, sawdust allergies, and drying wood cookies.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away the Rockler Precision Miter Gauge and Miter Gauge Fence to help you keep your corners straight and your miters tight! It has over two-hundred 5-star reviews and is a $150 value. Enter for your chance to win before June 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
Help Us Name the Early Episodes
We kinda didn’t think about show titles back when podcasting was born. But if you listen to those early episode and can think of a classy title like we use these days let us know and submit your show title ideas.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is in a pantry slump so he is listening to podcasts on Overcast
- Matt is working on a backlog of videos and editing away.
- Shannon is burning scraps and angering people, but also splitting logs
Stephen and Brian both have some thoughts on lathe with a headstock on the right instead of left
- a chuck could unscrew itself with opposite rotation
- its possible as some lathes allow for outboard turning
- drill bits mounted in the tailstock wouldn’t work
- some spur centers would unmount with opposite rotation
Emails and Voicemails
- Vicky is experiencing a sawdust allergy
- Steve asks what we thinkg about the Beadlock joinery approach for loose tenons
- Aaron wonders why there are no replaceable blade western saws like we find with Japanese saws
- Luke wants to know the best way to dry cookies cut from a log
- Matt wants to know what a “dealy wrecker” is because Marc says it all the time in earlier episodes.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com
Finally you can find us individually on Instagram at mattcremona, woodwhisperer, and renaissancewoodworker
2 replies on “502 – Fueled by Hoochie”
Shannon mentioned the hype guy, a boxing ring announcer…
Marc has the perfect voice! Go to the video where he invented the cutting board, it is right there!!
“Let’s get ready to build a ,,, Cutting BOARDDDD”