It’s show #506. On today’s show, we’re talking about Baltic Birch frustration, sanding before finishing, finishing an outdoor bench, and what’s the deal with compression bits?!
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away a Dust Right Dust Separator which turns your shop vac into a two stage dust extractor and eliminates clogged filters! It has over eight-hundred 5-star reviews and is a $99.99 value. Enter for your chance to win before August 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc went on vacation
- Matt organized the shop
- Shannon built some tools and hated himself for it
Get Your WoodTalk Tshirts
Marc’s mom says she doesn’t have enough space for the shirts so we need to sell more. Get your Woodtalk Shirt today and be one of the cool “Inside Baseball Allstars” kids. Well…one of the awkward kids.
Emails and Voicemails
- Pavel is making an outdoor bench and has questions
- Keith questions the reasons for up or down cut spiral bits vs compression bits
- Joe asks about finish prep sanding and whether it will loosen your perfectly cut joinery
- Devin wants the secret handshake to get into the Baltic Birch club
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com