It’s show #511. On today’s show, we’re talking about micro bevels, cross cut sleds vs miter gauges, veneer glue that won’t kill you….I think, and how much work do to on used tools.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away a set of their Award-Winning Dust Right FlexiPort Hose Kits. This prize includes both their fixed and expandable hose options allowing you to connect your shop vac or dust collection system to nearly any size portable power tool port! This prize is valued at over $100. Enter for your chance to win before October 1st Rockler.com/woodtalk.
Kickback & News
- Phillip Morley bar stool is open for pre-orders in The Guild
- Shane sent us a clip of some lovely Matt Vanderlist router instruction in a Milescraft video
- Andy had some fundamental shop rules to share
- Margaret urges everyone to stop making jokes about combusting rags in the shop
Emails and Voicemails
- Margaret has sticky knitting needles from her lightening fast knitting speeds
- A random person on IG asked how far we take old tool restoration
- Chris asks for advice on choosing a glue for bent lamination
- Matt submits 2 dumb questions:
- Why use a crosscut sled vs a miter gauge and vice versa
- Do you run through the grits when touching up micro bevels or just start with the highest grit
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com