It’s show #515. On today’s show, we’re talking about dimensioning lumber, a stupid question about pre-finishing, flattening boards wider than your jointer
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away a Dust Right Wall-Mount Dust Collector. With a unique wall-mount design, this dust collector gobbles up dust at the source, without hogging up floor space. This prize is valued at $399.99. Enter for your chance to win before December 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Dining Table
- Marc fired Nicole and is revamping his YouTube and Patreon member programs
- Matt’s serial killer basement room is taking shape
- Shannon bought a bike because n+1 and he is gearing up for the big annual Black Friday sale at The Hand Tool School
Emails and Voicemails
- Richard has a stupid question about pre-finishing.
- Jeff asks about milling lumber to final thickness and if there are rules of thumb to consider.
- Lucas wants to joint wider boards than his jointer will allow and needs help.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com