It’s show #523. On today’s show, we’re talking about unsolicited advice, plywood vs solid wood, and milling boards in real time, and sanding to high grits.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before April 30 at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Dining Table
Shannon tells a story where he could have offered wood finishing advice but just kept on walking because he was afraid to offer unsolicited advice in person. The conversation about how this is acceptable online but not in real life ensues.
News and Kickback
- Allen wrote in to say that he chose a wooden countertop over other options because it was significantly cheaper and so far it is holding up well.
Emails and Voicemails
- Oscar asks for advice on when to choose solid wood vs plywood.
- Justin asks us what we do with all the projects we have made…even if they don’t match our home decor.
- Ron asks if there is ever a reason to sand above 120 grit.
- Jason wonders how long it takes us to mill boards in real time.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com