It’s show #535 On today’s show, we’re talking about what is straight, the ugly truth about content creation, and plywood vs solid wood.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before October 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
Rockler is giving away a SawStop 10” Compact Table Saw and Stand in valued at over $1000. The SawStop Compact Table Saw is the smallest, most portable table saw featuring SawStop’s legendary safety brake. It’s a great fit for contractors and homeowners looking for a safe, mobile table saw that can be easily transported and tucked away when not needed. Like other SawStop saws, the safety system stops the spinning blade on contact with skin and drops it below the table in less than 5 milliseconds. Enter by the end of September for your chance to win
What’s On the Bench
- Marc got a pack rat clamp rack and bought some lumber for the new shop.
- Matt is building a barn for his cult meetings.
- Shannon built side hung drawers and played with scarf joints.
- Buddy thinks having a workbench first makes everything better instead of buying a bunch of tools and struggling to use them on a substandard work surface.
- Scott wrote back in about criticizing us on not talking about wood only to say he wonders just how he can succeed with his business without creating content.
…so we spend a lot of time talking about content creation again…
- Martyn asks for clarification on why Shannon thinks straightedges don’t belong in woodworking.
- Corey needs help in figuring out when to use plywood vs solid wood.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com
Finally you can find us individually on Instagram at mattcremona, woodwhisperer, and renaissancewoodworker
3 replies on “535 – Elite Straightists”
Marc suggested a place to get wood – tim@retire????. Can you tell me more – where I can find more information. Listened repeatedly and could not understand what Marc said. THANKS!
Guys, your talk about woodworker’s that are YouTubers/content creators/influencers reminded me of something that happened about two years ago. I had posted a pic of my shop that I had just recently redone. I basically took a dirty, musty aging basement garage and cleaned it up. Updated the lighting, new drylock and I installed new electrical conduit. I wanted to do something a little different so I painted the plastic conduit Smurf blue. Keep in mind, I’m just an average hobbyist who does woodworking to relax with no online presence or anything. The next thing I know I get a comment from someone that, acting a bit jealous at what he thought was true, implied that I was sponsored by Rockler! So, I guess, be careful what colors you paint your shop? LOLOL