On today’s show, we’re talking about die grinders and burrs, PVC pipe, Forrest vs Freud, scraping after tearout, jointer bed length, granite top retrofits, back bevels, blade height, effects of finish on wood movement, and buying wood just because.
What’s on the Bench?
Shannon’s building another lathe, because you can never have too many! Matt’s headed to Weekend with WOOD in Des Moines. Marc is excited to be done with his book.
Around the Web
Poll of the Week
Stan has a suggestion for the person looking for a box for his severed finger from Episode # 131.
– Vic has a question about die grinders and burrs.
Marc recommend he look at Kutzall as well as searching on Amazon for “carbide burrs.”
– Mike is considering PVC for dust collection and wants to know if there are safety hazards.
– Matt is curious whether Forrest blades are worth the price compared to a decent Freud blade.
– Marilyn is looking for advice on scraping after getting tearout with a plane.
– Jake is contemplating jointer bed length.
– Milo is thinking about granite as a retrofit on his tablesaw.
– Thomas is wondering about back bevels and which blades should have them.
– Darryl isn’t sure how high his tablesaw blade should extend beyond the work. Marc recommends he read this thread on WoodWeb for various opinions and justifications.
– Manny is curious how much finish affects wood movement.
– Clinton wants to know if we ever buy wood, just because.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Special thanks to Clinton and Christopher B. for their generous contributions.
And don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like these folks did: JamesonBlake, DTChristensen and If Letterman Were a Woodworker.