On today’s show, we’re talking about Ouija Boards, low angle planes on figured woods, olive oil on kitchen items, old log wood, finishing a live edge board, and rust removal.
What’s on the Bench
Marc has opened up the pre-order on his Hybrid Woodworking book and is working on the panels for the G&G Blanket Chest.
– Gaming Table is awesomesauce!
– Free design course coming this fall.
– Escher Chess Board:
– Dovetails on the tablesaw:
– When you need a wooden reindeer in a hurry:
– Benchcrafted’s French Oak Roubo Project video:
Poll of the Week
– AJ Hopkins suggests TSP (trisodium phosphate) as a way to darken wood without using excessively hard chemicals, a topic discussed in Episode 141
– Mark has additional advice for moving one’s tools, in response to Episode 141.
– Bob Rozaieski has additional input concerning bevels on carving gouges, discussed in Episode 141.
– Stewart want our thoughts on dog hole drilling and placement.
– Jerry is looking for material suggestions for a Ouija board.
– Chris is pondering a Veritas Low Angle Plane VS a #4 Smoother.
– Andy is working with a live edge board and wants our recommendation for finishing strategies.
– Tim wants to know if it’s ok to finish his kitchen items with olive oil.
– Jared wants to know if an old log will exhibit much movement after being cut up into slabs.
– Brian has some rust spots and wants them gone. Matt recommends this product for rust protection and Shannon suggested he watch this video.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to T. Dupper and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like GerryKD, EdgarSonneborg, and Mosoak did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.