Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about essential hand tools for power tool woodworkers, router speeds, keeping a sharp edge on your tools, and using bandsaw blades for hand saws.
– Don’t miss the Woodworking in America Wood Talk Meetup! Join us at the Keystone Bar & Grill in Covington, KY on Saturday October 19th, 2013.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is delving even deeper into the humidor world while also spending a bunch of money on awesome veneer! Matt is still recovering from a bandsaw fiasco. Shannon finished his lathe and can’t wait to start a new furniture project.
– Yet another woodworker who makes us green with envy!
– Traditional Swedish Woodworking:
– Making a rocking chair with only hand tools:
Poll of the Week
– Kenji has some tips for users of DMT diamond plates.
– Dave has some thoughts on our conversation about using a router plane to trim tenon cheeks from Wood Talk #151.
He recommends we check out Paul Seller’s Poor Man’s Router:
Here you can see it in action (jump to 10 minutes):
– James wants some advice on knowing when to increase or decrease the speed on his router.
– Christopher is having trouble keeping a durable edge on his plane irons.
– Hutch wants to know if he can use a band saw blade to make bow and frame saws.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.