Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware. Don’t forget to use that code WOODTALK at checkout!
On today’s show, we’re talking about mixing profiles and breadboard ends, using a chisel plane, and making dadoes and grooves with hand tools.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Being “that” guy by purchasing a single board.
Matt – Getting his pony on!
Shannon – Took his lathe on the road.
– A very old wood slicer:
Poll of the Week
– Ryan suggests Lucas look into a community shop called Atrisan’s Asylum.
– Bob wants to know if he can use Epifanes and then follow it up with a cheaper topcoat.
– David wants to put breadboards on a Shaker-style table top, but also wants to cut a nice underside bevel.
– Justin is having trouble gouging his work with his Lie Nielsen 97 1/2 chisel plane.
– Matt wants to know the preferred method for cutting dados and grooves in solid wood with hand tools? Matt recommends this video.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank John C. and Mony R. as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like i r wood.