On today’s show, we’re talking about sealing with shellac, selecting a solvent for an unknown finish, and skipping the jointer and going with a planer.
What’s on the Bench?
– Marc – Making over-priced holiday decorations.
– Matt – Turning in the cold garage.
– Shannon – Restoring an old Barnes lathe.
Poll of the Week
– Walter recommends we check out This Old Workshop audio podcast.
– The Wine Box Workshop recommends we watch how Louis Sauzedde bends wood using plastic bags instead of a steam box.
– Michael has a mess on his hands after using shellac to pre-seal pine.
– Schmuel is trying to determine the proper solvent for a finish on a workbench. Matt recommends this article.
– Chris is wondering why Shannon chose the planer over the jointer when only having the option for one. Marc recommends he check out this article as well.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Christpher Mann and Scott Carlisle as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.