On today’s show, we’re talking about sharpening router plane blades and minding the gap…between cabinet doors.
What’s on the Bench?
- Matt added a ship lap back to his chest of drawers project
- Shannon is amazed how long little details take on his projects
- Caleb James posted an embedded video of Peter Galbert on Rough Cut making a windsor chair. Great woodworking. Great episode.
- The Russian Domino
- The Ma‘agan Michael shipbuilding project which is an endeavor to rebuilt a 2400 year old ship that was found near the shores of Israel using tools from that era.
- How to make a mallet from milk jugs. – Peter Brown’s Shop Time
- A group of woodworkers stepped in to save the day when a storm destroyed some heritage trees downed in a 2010 storm. It’s cool to see how they interpreted the design brief to honor the spirit of the garden’s founder.
- David Marks has a video up describing the design and build of his “Egypt-inspirated tabula” or something like that
- Introducing the Skottbenk, Scandanavian “sticking bench”
Poll of the Week
- Chris, Jeremy, and Aaron add their 2 cents on cut lists in reference to episode 226.
- Allen wants to know how to sharpen a router plane blade
- Dan wants to know how to plan for the gap between cabinet doors.