On today’s show we’re talking about crook cane handle designs, defusing shop vac hose static electricity, and resawing with table saw and band saw.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is cutting big bird joints (bridle joints)
- Matt is cleaning up his shop
- Shannon is working on a blanket chest but took a few minutes to do some very simple shop improvements
- Ben shared a video on making Ebony pegs
- The Highland Woodworker episode 20
- The Wood Whisperer turned 9 year old!
- Marc explained the uninteresting story of what happened to Festool
- Shannon gots lots of advice stating that plastic cutting boards aren’t better and he still isn’t convinced.
- Jim can’t get the video to play on this audio only podcast
- Jonathan wants to build a cane for his father but is worked the crossgrain situation on the crooked handle will cause him to break a hip
- Ryan wants to know how to control static electricity with his dust collection so he can stop getting shocked.
- Kelly wants to know what we think about using the table saw to start a resaw cut then finishing it off with a bandsaw.