Today’s show is sponsored by TableLegs.com. Free shipping on first orders over $50. Enter “Wood Talk” in special instructions when you place your order.
Also by Brusso Hardware. Use coupon code ‘WT2015‘ for 10% off orders at Brusso.com and check out their new video on installing knife hinges located on their Facebook page.
On today’s show we’re talking about bearings vs bushings, strengthening a miter joint, and PVA glue in a vacuum bag.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is playing games on his new table
- Matt built a library
- Shannon finished up the Woodworkers Fighting Cancer Table & Chair project
- Cyber Monday sales are going on in The Woodwhisperer Store where you can save 20% off the entire store
- The Guild is having a rare sale where you can save 30% on a different set of projects leading up to Christmas.
- The Hand Tool School is 10% of any semester through Friday 12/4 if you use the code “TURKEYPLANE” at checkout.
- Great video highlighting Old Street Tools. The Perfect Plane from Nathan Willis on Vimeo.
- Holly Holm, the Ultimate Fighter who bested Rhonda Rousey is a woodworker. Check out this interview at the 2:14 mark where she talks about it.
- Marc dropped an F bomb on the last show and is sorry, kinda
- Todd Clippinger uses Minwax Wipe on Poly and knows other professional furniture makers who swear by it
- Kenji got the scratch out of his table and sent us a picture of his cool triangle table.
- Josh suggests that creating a full length spline would be a good alignment technique instead of a biscuit joiner
- Jason wants us to do a Finishing 101 episode
- AJ is now wondering how to tackle the tool well on his under construction workbench
- Eric wants to know if he should buy a beading tool to finish his beaded ship lap back on a cabinet
- Kevin is trying to decide whether to use bearing guided flush trim router bits or to go with an offset bearing
- Evan want to build a funky C shape table that is joint purely with miters and wonders how to strengthen those joints
- Matt has questions about glues to use in a vacuum bag application