Today’s show is sponsored by TableLegs.com. Free shipping on first orders over $50. Enter “Wood Talk” in special instructions when you place your order.
On today’s show we’re talking about a low toxicity walnut finish, making raised panels, and selecting proper drawer depth. And we’re joined today by special guest Jay Bates from JaysCustomCreations.com.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is building Gingerbread Houses
- Shannon is building pencil box Christmas gifts
- Jay is cleaning shop in between projects and preparing for a box jig build
- Stephen shared a video on a gaming table
- Dane shared a link to an article on microscopic sharpened edges
- Jay shared a great video on an Extreme Rocking chair
- An anonymous poster (Marc forgot the name) wants to know why buy wipe on poly when you can mix your own cheaper.
- Adam suggested looking for reclaimed truck bed flooring for workbenches because it comes in 53 foot lengths.
- Bob suggested AJ look at Bob Lang’s 21st Century Workbench build.
- AJ is looking for a good, easy win, first project to break up his workbench build
- Bob is looking for some wood species suggestions for a small box he is building
- Brian is looking for a non toxic finish solution for Walnut
- Dave needs some advice on sizing drawers in a base cabinet
- Scott is looking for advice on making raised panels and the thickness of the parts