Today’s show is sponsored by TableLegs.com. Free shipping on first orders over $50. Enter “Wood Talk” in special instructions when you place your order.
On today’s show we’re talking about determining finish on old trim, fire resistant projects, and bandsaw cut quality. And we have special guest David Piccuito from MakesSomething.tv filling in the third chair. Check out his new book The New Bandsaw Box Book.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is playing video games and playing with his Periscope as well as writing a tell-all book about his relationship with Festool.
- Shannon is still building Christmas gifts
- David is having fun with basement renovation and waterproofing
- Paul Jenkins made some fun Christmas ornaments on his lathe.
- Shannon will be launching a new product at The Hand Tool School called Apprenticeship. You can sign up for details when they are available.
- Darryl Cox makes incredible sculpted tree picture frames
- Curtis Buchanan has released another set of Windsor Chair plans
- Dyami called in to perpetuate the wipe on poly conversation
- Joe wants to know “whats the deal with African Mahoganies”
- Zach wants to know where to get the reclaimed truck bed flooring
- Wilbur suggests spalted wood for Bob’s easy to work wooden box
- Chris says he plugs through groove holes with Ebony and even inlays the inlay.
- AJ wants to know the difference between a router table and a shaper. Check out WT 179
- Bob is looking for some wood species suggestions for a small box he is building
- Ben wants to know how to determine what kind of finish in on part in his new house so he can match it and do some restoration work
- David wants to build a fire side sitting bench and wondering how to make it as fire resistant as possible.
- Zach is unsure what to expect from the cut quality of his bandsaw.