Today’s show is brought to you by Harry’s. Use the code woodtalk to save 10% on your first order of shaving supplies.
On today’s show we’re talking about getting internet into the shop, listening to audio while woodworking, how flat is flat enough, and how thick to cut lumber.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc:working on his bed build and feeling wasteful
- Shannon: shoveling snow
- Matt: ‘nother log, ‘nother day
- Phil shared a video about a wooden Ferrari.
- Ethan said that Ellen’s Design Challenge is back for season 2.
- Another new woodworking podcast is on the air with Jay Bates, Nick Ferry, and April Wilkerson.
- Kevin shared a video of an amazing woodcarver in China.
- Jerry shared a video of a radial engine made from wood.
- John resharpened his card scraper but is still having mixed results.
- George likes to see expensive and specialized tools like the Domino and Multi-Router.
- How do you get Internet access into your shop?
- Jake wants to know what kind of experience we have had filling gaps with wood and sawdust mixtures.
- Frederick is concerned that listening to podcasts and music might be unsafe while working in the shop.
- Jim is hand planing his boards and wants to know how flat is flat enough?
- Rodknock wants to know how thick he should cut his slabs when milling from a log on his bandsaw.