Today’s show is sponsored by QALO. These rings are incredibly comfortable and start at just $15.99. Head to qalo.com, and use the discount code “WoodTalk” for 15% off your order.
On today’s show, we’re talking about refinishing a table top, fixing a laundry rack, determining if an old table is veneered, cambering jointer plane blades, and wood movement.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is contemplating a move and the implications for his tools and shop
- Matt made a hexagonal box, a farm table, and now has some torrefied wood
- Shannon launches his new web site and the Apprenticeship product, then had a successful glue up
- Andy Klein has created a cool iPhone magnifier.
- Preston shared some free, downloadable PDF furniture books from The Metropolitan Museum and the National Gallery
- There is a new podcast on the scene! The Makers Hustle Podcast
- Dan like Japanese saws because they are cheaper and often “disposable”
- Andreas has a question about refinishing an old table top
- OCD Woodworker is trying to fix an old laundry drying rack
- Jake has a question about wood movement for small boxes
- Richard is restoring an old round table top and is trying to figure out if it is veneered or solid wood before he cuts into the surface
- Scott wants to know if we camber the blade in our jointer planes and if so how much.