On today’s show we’re talking about: shop layout, differences in bench planes, how much of the tree can be used
What’s On the Bench
- Marc has started Mateo’s bunkbeds
- Shannon is making models of his next project
- Matt is working outside, making bucks, making boards, F-ing aye man!
- Matt’s Bandsaw Mill plans are available for sale
- Robin Lee video on Intellectual Property
- Bill shared the new portable dust collectors from Grizzly
- Aaron wants WoodTalk swag, visit the TWW Store for all your WoodTalk needs
- Pete wants to know what to do with his old glue
- Joshua remembers when we created content for fun and our own benefit
Lumber Industry Update
The Genuine Mahogany market is on the upswing as there is less demand for the good stuff from Luthiers. CITES also appears to be working and creating better quality material.
- David is looking for advice on the best shop layout
- Roger wonders if logs need to sit a bit before sawing them
- Casey asks if the whole tree can be used when sawing and what to look out for with reaction wood
- Eli asks how the bench planes differ from each other in performance.