On today’s show we are answering your questions. It’s all Q&A!
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for 65 years. Head over to Rockler.com to check out their Power Up Sale which includes power tools and all the accessories that you need for your shop. The sale runs through April 2nd so don’t miss it.
Thanks to Our Patrons
We’d like to thank John Fullmer, James Lemon, Sebastian Margaglio, Arron Pauley, Terrence Killian, Matt Desbarbieux, Redpoint Woodworks, Paul Dovydaitis, Kyle Paulson, Robert Randall, John Kleist, Alec MickMahonee, Joe Clemmer, Leon Huizenga, Preston Norris, Jack Wilson, and The Wood Victor.
If you want to support the show, visit our Patreon page and thank you in advance.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Working on a set of Nesting Tables. Gearing up for the CNC guy’s visit.
Matt – Finished up the garden bench, finishing up the trailer
Shannon – designing a new set of built ins
Voicemails and Emails
- Ray has thoughts on why books are still popular. Check out his podcast The Hand Tool Book Review
- Eddie asks about Titebond Extend 2
- Sean wonders how a hand plane works with coplanar “beds” unlike a power jointer.
- Erick wants to make sugar maple cookies, mmmmm
- Nick asks about wood dust concerns around the kids
- Mike is making a huge wall panel and has questions about wood movement
- Greg asks if he will lose anything if he makes his leg vise shorter and not extend down the entire leg.
- Alex asks about pet safety in the shop
- Matt asks if a Domino can be used to make doors
- Dan wonders if there are good resources for buying used power tools like a cabinet saw
- Lucas asks whether a 5″ or 6″ orbital sander will help him with narrow parts
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Homework
Post a picture of your dog, cat, iguana, fish, or any pet you have in the shop and use the hashtag: #woodtalk465