It’s show #467 For April 15th, 2020, on today’s show we’re talking about Shop Spring cleaning, chiseling on the workbench, Maloof finish, and the difference between stalactites and stalagmites.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler offers all sorts of organization products to help keep your shop in tip-top shape.
- Lock Align System
- Inserts for router bits and Forstner Bits
- Ceiling track system
- A universal mount
- Clamp racks
What’s on the Bench
- Marc – Nesting Tables
- Shannon – iPad shelf
- Matt – Finished construction on the trailer
Main Topic: Shop Spring Cleaning
What things do we do to spruce up the shop?
- Marc – Shop blow out. A round of filter cleaning/replacement as needed. Should do tool calibration but I’m too lazy.
- Shannon – blow, sweep, burn scraps, thorough sharpening/waxing, lumber reorg, move unused stuff into storage
- Matt – Blow out the shop, burn scrap bin, sawmill clean up. Find random stuff that’s been hiding in the snow.
Voicemails & Emails
- Stephen – Kickback on how a plane works.
- Brian – Will Maloof Finish prevent red wine stains
- Rich – Do you chisel on your bench?
- Matthew – Does sanding to 180 before cutting your lumber prematurely dully the blades?
- Matt – cleaning fiberglass stalagmites
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com
Social Media Homework
Post a picture of your spring cleaning rituals and your shop. Use the hashtag: #woodtalk467