It’s show #468 For April 22nd, 2020, on today’s show we’re talking about sharpening!
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. They have all kinds of sharpening gear and accessories for you to choose from.
- If you’re just starting out, check out the Plate Glass Sharpening System
- For those wanting to get more out of their grinders, the new CBN wheels are incredibly hard and require no truing, no water, and no need to readjust your jigs due to a shrinking wheel.
- Rockler carries a wide variety of power sharpening systems from WorkSharp, Rikon, Record and of course, the Swedish grandfather of power sharpening: Tormek
Just go to Rockler.com/sharpening to find any of these products and more.
- Patrick shared a video of a hand carved Land Cruiser:
- Rick is a healthcare professional and warns that the cloth masks people are making do not protect against COVID-19 but fine for wood dust. So send in the good stuff and keep the homemade masks for your woodworking
- Robin says that outdoor finishing is less about the finish you choose and more about reapplying it regularly
Main Topic: Sharpening
- What is your sharpening set up?
- What is your typical process?
- Different for different tools?
- How often to you sharpen?
- Anything you don’t sharpen but send out?
- What one tool in your shop now that you have never sharpened?
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com
Social Media Homework
Post a picture of your sharpening station and tell us about it. Use the hashtag: #woodtalk468