It’s show #469 For April 29th, 2020, and we know a lot of you are jonesing for extra stuff to listen to right now so we’re doing a bonus show. It’s all email today as we clean out our inbox. We’re talking about resawing by hand, wood filler, strength of rabbet joints, soaking wood, table outfield table size, & cutting a crosshatch pattern
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for 65 years. Head over to Rockler.com to check out the National Woodworking Month sale! The sale runs through the month of April so don’t miss it.
Also Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. In fact many of the questions we cover today are sent in from our Patrons. Thank you Patrons.
- Chris is having trouble resawing by hand with his blade deviating in mid cut
- Jim is looking for advice on wood filler that is stain friendly
- Andrew wants to dry then wet then re-dry some wood
- Jason questions the strength of rabbet joints
- Sean is looking for a way to cut a cross hatch pattern with a dado stack
- Mark is seeking sanity with the proper table saw outfeed table size
- Jason needs a source to look up all the Stanley numbers for his hand planes
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Homework
No real relevant topic this week so post any old random picture you want and use the hashtag: #woodtalk469. The person who shows the most creativity with their picture wins absolutely nothing.