It’s show #499. On today’s show, we’re talking about why woodworkers hate IKEA, MDF for a bench top, choosing a grinder, and bandsaw capacity vs quality. Also featuring your dumb questions!
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, they are giving away one of their cool Convertible Benchtop Router Tables which can be quickly reconfigured for benchtop use, wall-mounted use, or collapsed entirely for storage or transport. Enter for your chance to win before April 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk. While there, check out their Power Plus Sale which is going on now.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is designing a potato and onion bin with bins and doors for his mom
- Matt is making cockbead. Need we say more?
- Shannon has Cherry Cherry everywhere but not a stick to build with
Your Dumb Questions
- Jackman: By body weight, what percentage of Cremona is hair?
- Zacswoodstudio: What is wood? Please only Shannon is allowed to answer.
- SocalCheez: Why doesn’t Shannon have a project in the Guild?
- Moxie_rising- What is the best axe to use when copping ebony boards for firewood?
- Zasims: What happened to matt to make him such a jerk? Follow up question: Is there any hope for Matt?
- Matt Scranton: Why are they called hand planes if they don’t fly?
- Capyk6 – How much is too much to try and use the planer to remove? At what point do you resaw vs plane down to your final thickness?
Emails and Voicemails
- Hans asks why woodworkers hate IKEA furniture
- Steve is using MDF for his workbench top and asks why not?
- Ehsan wants a grinder and is trying to decide wet grinder, slow grinder, or monkey with a stone?
- Ryan is trying to decide between two bandsaws and wonders about capacity.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org