It’s show #500. On today’s show we’re answering more of your dumb questions. Workbench height, end grain routing, hand planing body language and so much more. And to celebrate 500 episodes of this dumb show, we’re doing to do a celebratory woodworking quiz.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler. Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a new product each month to one lucky Wood Talk listener. This month, it’s their handy Material Mate Panel Cart and Shop Stands which can smoothly roll sheet stock from your storage rack or vehicle to the table saw or be used as a mobile workstation! Enter for your chance to win before May 1st at Rockler.com/woodtalk. While there, check out their National Woodworking Month Sale which is going on now.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is gearing up for lots of veneering work
- Matt is moving
- Shannon found a box of veneer he forgot he had and got distracted by marquetry
Emails and Voicemails
- Jeremiah has reflections on 500 shows and a question about workbench height
- Elliot wants to know what a “roo-boh” workbench is
- Nick is thinking of ditching his planer infeed/outfeed supports
- We might recommend Rockler’s array of support stands
- Alex wants the 411 on bowtie inlays
- Brian is too cheap for the hollow chisel mortiser and asks about using a drill bit
- Tommasso wants to speak the proper body language for jointing a board with a hand plane
- Robin asks about a headstock on a treadle lathe on the right instead of left
- Eric wants to know how and when it is safe to rout end grain
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com
Finally you can find us individually on Instagram at mattcremona, woodwhisperer, and renaissancewoodworker
One reply on “WT500 – Marc Likes Little Balls”
Love the show guys, you share quite the chemistry, and play well together. Coupled with the show titles, it borders on sketchy.
Anyway, thanks for not quitting… again!